What is it?
Upbeat is a 40 week online, anytime, music program for pre-schoolers between the ages of 3 and 6.
We use fun original songs and well-loved tunes, associated with what is being taught each week, to help give children a strong musical foundation.
Tried and tested in the classroom, Upbeat has been updated to suit children everywhere, as an online extra-mural or a home-schooling option.
Now children can enjoy Upbeat with Teacher Antje from the comfort of their own homes!
How does it work?
- Upbeat was designed to fit into a typical school year of 4 terms of roughly 10 weeks per term. No matter how your school term is designed, Upbeat can easily fit into your usual extra-mural timetable and is also ideal for home-schooling.
- Each lesson runs about 20 minutes and is made up of several short videos making it easy to navigate to favourite songs or to repeat a section.
- Once signed up you will receive lesson 2 to enjoy straight away.
- A new lesson will be made available each week until the end of lesson 10 (end of term 1).
- After a 14 day mini break the next term's lessons will be released one week at a time as before until the end of each term with a two week holiday in-between.
- All lessons that have been released will remain available for the remainder of the full year's subscription, unless the subscription is cancelled.
- Set aside a weekly Upbeat slot for your child to enjoy their lesson.
- It is recommended that the device being used is set up in a landscape position for easiest viewing.
- External speakers are recommended but not required.
- Instruments are not needed as all those required are easily made from items in your own home
- Once instruments have been made it is advised that children have them on hand to use for their future Upbeat lessons.
What does the Upbeat curriculum include:
- note values and rests
- musical terms
- time signatures
- call and response
- rhythm development
- finger rhymes
- co-ordination exercises
- clapping exercises
- basic aural training
- instruments of the orchestra and other
- styles of music
- famous musicians, composers and pieces
- reading notes on the stave
- asolfege hand signs
Our mission is to nurture a love for music in the heart of every child, whether they can afford it or not.